KURISA MOYA NATURE LODGE
Guest Lodge Accommodation
Kurisa Moya is only 3 - 4 hours from Johannesburg,
but the privacy and tranquillity offered at this
Nature Lodge will truly restore the spirit.
- Kurisa Moya Nature Lodge is a 422 hectare property near Tzaneen, Polokwane and Magoebaskloof in the Limpopo Province.
- Kurisa Moya has 5 different habitats - mountains, rivers, indigenous forests and bushveld
- Kurisa Moya is one of the top Eco-lodge in the world and the top local Bird Guide in South Africa is based here.
- Activities include 7 marked walking paths, hiking trails, guided birding walks with South Africa’s top local Bird Guide, Adventure Mountain Bike trail, sunset 4x4 drives, guided nature walks, fly-fishing lessons, Cranio-sacral therapy, village tours and home stays.
- Kurisa Moya is perfect for guests who are independent, responsible travellers, who enjoy nature and value privacy and tranquillity.
(We offer 20% commission from the total for accommodation)
Accommodation is in 4 unique venues - each private and tranquil.
THE FARMHOUSE: Private, tranquil venue. 5 en-suite bedrooms, (5 showers) (1 bath), Large lounge, dining room and kitchen. Great for a big family group or a party of friends. Patio all around the house, private gardens. 5 fireplaces, 2 barbecues, firewood provided. Electricity free – solar lights, gas stove, fridge, freezer and hot-water geezer. Fully kitted-out for self catering but catering available on request. Tea and coffee provided. Fully serviced.
THE FOREST LODGE CABINS: 3 metres up in the indigenous forest. Private, tranquil venue. Double bed, 2 single beds in the loft. Perfect for a couple. En-suite bathroom with shower, fully-equipped kitchenette. 2 barbecues, fireplace, firewood provided. Electricity free – solar lights, gas stove, fridge, freezer and geezer. Fully kitted-out for self catering but catering available on request. Tea and coffee provided. Fully serviced.
THORA BOLOKA STONE COTTAGE: Spectacular views down into the Kudu’s River Valley. Private, tranquil venue. Double bed downstairs, 4 single beds in the loft. Perfect for a couple or a family. One shared bathroom with shower, outdoor shower. Fully-equipped kitchen. 2 barbecues, fireplace, firewood provided. Electricity free – solar lights, gas stove, fridge, freezer and hot-water geezer. Fully kitted-out for self catering but catering available on request. Tea and coffee provided. Fully serviced.
- The Forest Lodge Cabins are not suitable for children under the age of 5 because the loft room does not have balustrades and the deck is 3 metres off the ground.
- Children of all ages are welcome at the Farmhouse and Thora Boloka.
- Unfortunately Kurisa Moya is not suitable for wheelchairs due to its difficult terrain
- There are no credit card facilities available on site. The secure credit card site, Booksure can be accessed from the office computer.
- Kurisa Moya’s internal roads are all gravel / dirt roads but a 4x4 vehicle is not necessary. Most sedan vehicles can use our roads but low-slung vehicles need to drive slowly and carefully because there are run-offs for getting the rain off the road so it may be bumpy in places.
- Kurisa Moya is electricity-free Lights are solar powered, candelabras, paraffin lanterns and gas lamps.
- The gas fridge has a freezer and the gas stove has an oven
- Hot water is via gas or solar geezers
- If necessary, camera batteries or mobile phones can be charged at the office on the solar system
- Kurisa Moya’s water is sourced directly from a spring on the property and is put through filters and checked regularly for water quality.
- Kurisa Moya does not have a bar or a shop so all supplies should be bought before arrival. The closest shops are 45 minutes away.
- There is no risk of malaria at Kurisa Moya. We are in a malaria-free area
- Cancellation Policy:
- 4 weeks or more before the booking date forfeit 20% of the deposit amount
- 3 weeks forfeit 50% of the deposit
- 2 weeks forfeit 70% of the deposit
- 1 week or less forfeit 100% of the deposit amount.
ACTIVITIES ON KURISA MOYA:
- Guided birding outings with South Africa’s top local Bird Guide
- 7 marked walking trails
- Village Tour and Home stays
- Adventure Mountain Bike Trail
- Sunset 4x4 drive
- Cranio-sacral therapy
- Fly-fishing lessons
- Cultural tours
ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA:
- Canopy Tour with 11 ziplines over a gorge
- Adventure sports – tubing, abseiling etc
- Mountain Bike routes
- Cherry Blossom Festival
- Horse riding
- Tea Estates
- Hiking Trails
- Modjadji Cycad Forest
- Horse-back Safaris in nature reserve
- Microlight flights
- Baobab Pub
- Organic cheese farm
- Hot rock aromatherapy massages
- Township cultural tours
- Restaurants and Pubs in the area
- Living Sotho Museum
- Unique crafts